Sr Supply Planner
We are rapidly scaling up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team in order to make it happen. We need a highly skilled, cross-functional team player to develop our planning processes and optimize our inventory levels. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great planning processes and tools. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver world-class planning
What You’ll Be Doing
● Oversee all catalog finished goods demand planning, track order trends and assure a
consistently high level of product availability to customers.
● Apply the demand plan into SAP planning tools and communicate updates to all
● Monitor for changes in production capacity and ensure that safety stock levels of raw
materials are modified accordingly and promptly.
● Partner with the Purchasing & Manufacturing teams in updating and sustaining safety
stock levels. Monitor compliance to safety stock and report metrics weekly.
● Identify major process improvement opportunities, attain cross-functional buy-in, and
lead project activities required to attain measurable and sustainable improvement.
● Proactively assess supply risks, propose solutions to senior management, attain
sponsorship, and lead projects that effectively address risk.
● Own the SAP data integrity for all inventory materials from NPI through obsolescence
stages. Implement processes and tools to identify data issues and drive corrective
● Collaborate with Finance to project Excess & Obsolete inventory. Drive elimination and
minimize idle or slow-moving inventories.
● Support related planning activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
● Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
What You'll Bring to the Team:
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Experience balancing product availability with inventory value in a rapidly growing life
sciences or high-technology manufacturing environment.
● Experience developing programs, processes, and procedures to enable an effective
scale-up of the supply chain function.
● 6+ years of planning experience in technology-driven companies where the expected
skill set above was used extensively.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?