Ops Training Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Ops Training Specialist II - Fixed term
Employment Type: Full-time
As Training Specialist you will contribute to the execution of the regional and local learning strategy, ensuring that our people possess, all the necessary capabilities and skills to meet current and future business performance ambitions. This is a critical role for ensuring the smooth running of our Budapest site as well as for promoting a sustained positive learning culture.
What will you do?
- Work in partnership with local people managers, the site leadership team and with the regional Learning & Development team to define and execute the GBS Budapest Learning and Development plan that meets short-term priorities whilst focusing on long term business objectives.
- Proactively manage all aspects of learning initiatives (Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate, Administrate), including new hire On-boarding, Professional and Process training, leadership, competencies and culture development initiatives. Build and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be point of contact for training completion and administration issues
- Organize, facilitate team buildings or team development sessions
- Build, manage, train and support the local internal trainer network, act as the point of contact for them
- Develop and maintain training calendar and training catalogue
- Communicate Learning and Development initiatives, events and opportunities effectively within GBS EMEA
- Administrate and track training completion and attendance
- Create training reports
- Ensure audit readiness on the Learning and Development area
- Support HR when L&D is in scope for audit
- Measure the effectiveness of training events and learning initiatives, including clear metrics that drives continuous improvement
- Work with the regional Learning & Development Manager to develop, implement and apply local and regional Learning and Development policies and procedures.
- Acts as the local ambassador for corporate learning and development programmes
Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, and rapidly growing/changing work environment
Self-motivated with a bias for action and a keen sense of urgency
Must possess adequate computer skills in Microsoft 365 Office applications
Demonstrable ability to work with and influence business leaders to define and execute L&D plans that support long term business objectives.
Passion about training, desire and ability to teach and help others
Strong project – and stakeholder management skills
Strong written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks and solve complex problems
Display attention to detail and accuracy
Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and / or delegate effectively
Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
Fluency in English
Fluency in other languages (especially Hungarian, German, French, Italian, Spanish) is an asset
3+ years trainer experience, preferably in shared service environment
Demonstrable Learning and Development experience gained within a complex, shared services environment
Strong experience in adult learning and development
Evidence of working within a matrix managed environment with proven ability to influence and drive change
Experience in an operational business environment; demonstrable customer-focused approach
Proven experience in implementing programs and processes that yield positive results
Exposure to process improvement efforts (e.g. Kaizen, PPI, six sigma, practical process improvement)
Experience with a Learning Management System is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., MBA, organizational psychology, adult learning, etc.) a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?