Supervisor, Formulation Manufacturing (Nights)
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Supervisor, Formulation Manufacturing
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharmaceutical Services Group – Steriles Pre-Filling Syringe Line
Schedule: Night Shift -- 6PM to 6AM on 2/2/3 schedule
How will you make an impact?
Lead the team who supports the Pre- Fill Syringe Line, providing technical, mechanical and leadership to the operations activities in the assigned area. Supervises operations employees of high-quality pharmaceutical products according to schedules, cost, and quality standards, while maintaining employee engagement, safety performance, and ensuring adherence to all regulatory control and documentation procedures.
What will you do?
- Assists with building and training the production team that will staff the Pre- Fill Syringe line.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Supervises employees in day-to-day operations by spending at least 50% of available time communicating with employees to ensure that every product unit is of high quality and exceeds all the Company’s current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Ensures that production schedule is met by distributing workload in accordance with changing priorities.
- Ensures production operations are properly controlled and regulatory compliance requirements are met by ensuring batch documentation is accurate, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are accurate, training is current, critical documentation templates are accurate, equipment is in good repair and current calibration, and high standards of housekeeping are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates/solves operation problems by reviewing the area of concern, developing potential solutions, technically evaluating, or testing the solutions, and preparing summary reports/recommendations for management.
- Assures compliance to all applicable regulations by proactively interpreting regulatory and compliance requirements, establishing, and maintaining systems.
- Prepares performance reviews for all employees and evaluates personnel performance according to performance management process. Provides feedback for continuous improvement. Holds staff accountable and applies subject area process as required. Assists in hiring staff as needed. Maintains a work environment with fosters teamwork and supports the company’s continuous improvement process.
- Provides training and/or opportunities for career development of staff.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Administration, or other STEM related program is required.
Minimum four (4) years of technical and/or manufacturing experience.
Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
Experience in project management and leading start-up, preferable.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge in GMP’s and FDA regulations.
- Technical writing experience, preferred.
- Technical and operational knowledge of start-up of aseptic environment for live virus vaccines.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- The ability to handle multiple ongoing activities and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent social skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters.
- Highly effective verbal and technical written communication skills. Proficiency with English Language. Able to create SOP’s, work instructions and manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated ability to run and lead professional staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems. Ability to motivate, energize, and retain key staff by direct interactions with supervisors and staff. Lead by example set the example for others to follow
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?