Packaging/Labeling Technician I (12-hr nights)
Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Yard Jockey/ Material Handler works independently with limited supervision in providing compliant, accurate and efficient service in receipt, storage, and movement of materials for Warehouse Operations Customers. Performs material handling functions in all warehouse areas: Receiving, Distribution, and Warehouse as designated by supervision. Typical hours for this role will be 7:00p – 7:00a; 2-2-3 rotation, with overtime as required.
What will you do?
- Conducts all work in a safe and effective manner, following all applicable procedures and policies. Maintains or improves personal and junior staff safety awareness in line with programs and related documentation. Takes appropriate action to correct unsafe acts, notifies and supports leadership in corrections. Aligns with relevant laws, company guidelines and requirements through adherence to company policies relating to quality, safety, housekeeping, and cost efficiency.
- Completes all material handling, transactions / movements in line with warehouse / site policies, procedures with compliance, accuracy, and efficiency. Assists with issue resolution in any aspects of the logistics functions.
- Operates Forklifts and / or other material handling equipment as trained / qualified in a safe and efficient manner to load and unload material on or off the truck.
- Completes material handling equipment checklist for daily inspection on all mechanical functions and preventive maintenance done monthly through the truck shop. Problems are found, area supervision must be made aware, and the equipment should be removed from service, and a work order issued to repair the equipment.
- Fill out all critical delivery forms and paperwork with accuracy and compliance as needed
- Maintains accurate inventory in SAP in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP’s) while issuing / shipping materials required. Ensures inventory accuracy is maintained. Assists with physical inventory / cycle counting of the warehouse.
- Ensures all controlled substances are handled according to procedures. Ensures all hazardous materials are handled safely per regulations and procedures.
- Supports in the training of new or junior employees in warehouse functionality as guided by the functional leadership.
- Supports leadership in facilitating partnership within the warehouse operations group. Supports group operating goals in support of departmental and corporate objectives.
- Performs as a back-up for warehouse material handler as and when required in areas of operational activity.
How will you get here?
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in business, Operations, or Logistics is helpful.
- 2+ years of experience in warehouse/manufacturing operations or supply chain management is required.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and meaningful work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- SAP PP-PI and WM experience
- Forklift license required
- Ability to operate forklifts and mechanical material handling equipment required
- Interpersonal/customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in: verbal and written communication; planning and organizing.
- Self-starter, mature, independent, and reliable.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Requires discretion and independent judgment
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights 20-50 pounds, occasionally pushing and pulling over 100 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $45 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Something looks off?