Material Handler II
Thermo Fisher Scientific
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
We want enthusiastic, dependable, hard-working, standout colleagues that will make a difference for our customers and fellow colleagues every day. The impact you will have could be anything from delivering products that help a scientist discover a cure for cancer to helping a nurse care for a patient effectively because they have the right equipment.
A Day in the Life:
- Process customer orders daily to meet their expectations.
- Work in one or more process paths; receiving, picking, packing, or shipping.
- Package and label shipments according to standard operating procedures and complete documentation requirements for hazardous materials.
- Help ensure inventory is stored accurately.
- Work with your team to make sure everyone has a magical experience working at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Keys to Success:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of general warehouse experience.
- Experience with powered industrial trucks (order pickers).
- Experience handling hazardous materials (chemicals) is a plus.
- Experience with computers and scanning equipment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to stand and move about the warehouse for significant periods of time (involving walking, stooping, bending, and reaching) required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Desire to work as part of a team, but also able to work independently and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to lift, carry, and push up to 70 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally.
We offer competitive salary, an annual incentive bonus plan, and a range of other employee benefits!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Compensation and BenefitsThe hourly pay range estimated for this position based in California is $15.81–$23.75.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards
Something looks off?