Scientist I, Formulation
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Ab QC Scientist I, Manufacturing
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of a hard-working, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
US-Carlsbad, CA/Biosciences Division – BID Operations
How will you make an impact?
As a member of the Ab Manufacturing team, the QC Scientist I will be an integral member of the team responsible for the quality testing of fluorescent labeled bioconjugates and standalone purified used for cell signaling in many research initiatives.
What will you do?
As Manufacturing Scientist I, this individual will assure that work is performed in accordance with production schedules, perform hands-on manufacturing tasks and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, conduct multiple production runs at one time, and be well organized. Specific responsibilities include:
• Learn and follow policies and procedures set forth by departmental standard of procedures and work instructions.
• Prepare and initiate all procedures and documents, under supervision
• Carry out and optimize appropriate methods related to QC testing, under supervision
• Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
• Input data and observations into databases accurately and efficiently
• Revise documents (SOPs, batch records) as vital
• Initiate problem reports related to production issues
• Maintain lab supply inventory and re-order as needed
• Perform inventory transactions as vital
How will you get here?
Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Cell Biology, or life science related field
0+ years of experience in a related field, preferably in a GMP manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Manufacturing Scientist I ideally will have experience in a variety of areas to support the business objectives:
• Hands-on experience in flow cytometry and data analysis
• Basic understanding of working in a BSL-2 level laboratory
• Experience with cell/tissue/blood culture
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite products with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Strong laboratory mathematical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player (demonstrated experience working in support of a successful project team)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Works well in a metrics-focused environment
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Occasional use of a stepstool is required to reach for objects. Close vision is required. While performing duties of this position, employee will occasionally work with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Compensation and BenefitsThe hourly pay range estimated for this position based in California is –.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards
Something looks off?