Sr Manager, R&D Information Systems
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Sr. Business Analysis Manager, R&D IT
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Sr. Business Analysis Manager, R&D IT. You will work with the Information Technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cell therapy.
This role will work closely with the Medical Affairs functions to deliver technology solutions that meet our critical business needs. This important role requires relationship management, business analysis, and project management skills as well as hands-on technical knowledge for various solutions such as External Scientific Collaboration Management, OL Engagement, Real World Data and their applications in Clinical Development, and among others.
- Serves as functional resource and subject matter specialist for Medical Affairs Information Management Systems
- Collects, documents, and manages user, functional, and technical requirements for Medical information management systems for the Cell Therapy business areas
- Interacts with end users on a regular basis to understand their needs and provide guidance and training on technical solutions
- Makes recommendations on business process automation and improvement with digital technologies
- Participates in system release and post-deployment support activities with Quality, System Owners, IT Security, IT Operations, and IT Service Desk
- Manages application configuration changes following IT Change Management (ITCM) and GxP Change Control procedures
- Provides day to day application support with managed service teams
- Troubleshoots technical issues and manages problems through to resolution
- Develops processes to ensure high availability of supported application systems
- Documents common resolutions/solutions and application support processes in the IT Service Management knowledgebase
- PhD degree in Computer/Engineering or equivalent and 0+ years of IT solution development experience in industry OR
- Master’s degree preferably in Computer/Engineering or equivalent and 6+ years of IT solution development experience in Industry OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in in Computer/Engineering or equivalent and 8+ years of IT solution development experience in Industry
- At least 5 years of experience working with medical affairs information systems
- Deep understanding of the late stage clinical development and commercialization lifecycle with specific focus on Medical Affairs business domain/technologies enabling core functions such as external scientific collaboration management, Real World Data and their applications in clinical development as well as broad medical inquiry management, and field medical affairs
- Broad clinical development business and IT capability awareness and hands on experience including global implementation experience with Veeva, Salesforce, iEnvision / Datavision, real world data integration and related analytics, medical platform-based solutions
- Deep understanding of security and privacy regulations, GDPR, internal/external Audits and CAPA management and anticipate future technology need
- Must possess excellent customer service, problem solving, troubleshooting, and verbal/written communication skills
- Work experience and strong knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and/or configuration, and transition into production support and maintenance
- Computer System Validation (CSV), and GAMP5 experience a plus
- Meaningful focus on process, continuous process improvement and quality to enable innovation
- Demonstrated experience of working in Agile (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) and DevOps ways of working in the IT landscape
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!
#LI-ML1The salary range for this position is: $146,200.00 - $189,200.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant:
Something looks off?