Trainee Technical Specialist
Johnson & Johnson
Biosense Webster – Trainee Technical Specialist – September start
Working at Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Biosense Webster is the market leader in the highly specialised field of cardiac electrophysiology . We provide a 3D navigation device for the heart (“CARTO”) and related devices for the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats) that are used by Clinicians in Cardiac Catheter Labs in hospitals throughout the world. We have a strong product pipeline and continually invest in this highly innovative and exciting area of cardiology.
As Trainee Technical Specialist , you will be aligned with a geographical region and you will be assigned a number of hospitals that you will spend time in throughout your working week. Spending 90% of your time in the field , your main responsibilities will include training Electrophysiologists and Technicians within the Cardiac Catheter Labs on how our CARTO system, and related devices, work. You will also support cases clinically and have ownership for running the CARTO system for these cases and providing support to the Cath lab team utilising all our product portfolios.
You will be tasked with maintaining the excellent relationships we have with our customer base. You will be regarded as the CARTO expert and will deliver technical information to your customers. In order to support you in carrying out your role effectively, we offer extensive product training and mentoring.
The job of Technical Specialist is part of the sales and marketing part of our business and you will work closely with the Sales Specialists who manage the bulk of the sales responsibilities. As such, you will help drive sales in order to meet overall territory targets.
To find out more about who we are and what we do, watch these videos:
Flexible location & Travel Required
- As part of the Trainee programme, you will need to show willingness and flexibility around where you are located within the UK, as permanent opportunities will be based on specific territorial and business needs.
- Travel within your region – this is a field-based role and you will visit your hospitals daily.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum level of 2.1, preferably in a scientific discipline such as Medical Engineering or Biology, or Biomedical Science .
- The ability and willingness to relocate anywhere across the UK as required by territorial and business needs
- Excellent presentation skills, and have the capability to demonstrate technical products
- Excellent communication skills, you will be dealing with healthcare professionals of all levels.
- A high level of self - drive and self - discipline
- You will also be able to positively influence thinking, behaviour, and be able to gain commitment.
- Full clean driving licence
This Trainee role is part of our talent development strategy, which will set you up and build foundational competencies that will hold you in good stead for the rest of your career. Support is at a hand at every stage of the journey, providing you with the opportunity to flourish and develop in the role.
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on the 16th June , but could close earlier if we receive too many applications
#JnJEMEAStudentCareers #JnJEMEAMedicalDevices #JNJEMEAUndergraduate #JNJEMEAMasters #JNJEMEASales #JNJEMEAFullTime #ACAS2023
Something looks off?