Occupational Health Technician
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Technician within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization. The position will be based in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 140,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Under the direction of a Licensed Physician and the Supervision of a Registered Nurse (OHN) and Administrative Coordinator, the Occupational Health Technician coordinates both administrative and clinical tasks to facilitate the function of the Occupational Health clinic.
Office Administrative Duties:
- Performs all administrative functions of the clinic including answering phones, greeting patients, chart preparation, filing, archiving of medical records.
- Provides administrative support in including calendar management, appointment scheduling and office management.
- Completes and tracks monthly budget reports; maintains metric databases; coordinates meetings; maintains clinic schedule; assists with projects.
- Facilitates the delivery of vital office set-up for other OH staff and partners (EAP, Wellness).
- Perform basic laboratory tests, including phlebotomy, pulmonary function tests, audiometric exams, visual acuity testing, EKGs, and urine testing/drug screening.
- Performs clinical duties as designated within this document in accordance with Johnson & Johnson protocols and State Law.
- Prepares employee for medical examination including chart preparation, recording vital signs and assisting the OHN and/or physician during an examination.
- Prepare examination instruments and equipment, collect and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Keeps examining rooms neat and clean.
- Under the direction of the OHN or physician performs minor first aid treatment.
- Maintains recordkeeping for medical surveillance exams
- Coordinates and participates in the planning and implementation of Health & Wellness programs including, but not limited to, educational and training seminars, screening programs, and Health Profile processes.
- Coordinates and/or assists with the logistics, scheduling, and publicity of Wellness programs.
- Collaborates with the Occupational Health Nurse and the site Safety Professional in medical surveillance management, as needed. .
- In collaboration with OHN, partners with Human Resources, Safety and site management teams to assure integrated team approach to problem solving.
- Member of First Aid/Emergency Response Team
- Participates on site teams as indicated
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates Degree preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal, customer service, and time management skills
- A sense of urgency required while maintaining a high degree of professionalism
- The ability to multi-task, work with minimal direction, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and operate with poise and professionalism in a complex, and rapidly changing environment
- CPR/AED, Spirometry and Hearing Conservation certification/training is required within first 90 days of employment (company provided)
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience is preferred
- Experience in a health-related area or Human Resources preferred
- Proficiency in phlebotomy is preferred
- Experience with Ariba, ARAVO, or other related accounts payable systems is preferred
- Experience with GXRS and CTO is a plus Demonstrated proficiency with productivity tools and portal technology (OurSource, LiveMeeting, Sharepoint sites) is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Experience with a medical documentation database software preferred
- Familiarity with worker's compensation claims management, medical records filing procedures, knowledge of medical terminology, clinical procedures, appointment scheduling and compliance with OSHA regulations is preferred.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
The base pay range for this position is $49,350- $79,695. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Something looks off?