Data Engineering Specialist
At Johnson & Johnson, the largest healthcare company in the world, we come together for one purpose: to transform the history of health in humanity.
Diversity & Inclusion are crucial to continue building our history of groundbreaking and innovation, which has been impacting the health of more than 1 billion patients and consumers every day for more than 130 years. Regardless of your race, belief, sexual orientation, religion, or any other trait, YOU are welcome in all open positions at the company.
When You Join Johnson & Johnson, Your Move Could Mean Our Next Breakthrough!
The Johnson and Johnson Technology Services LATAM develops, crafts and delivers high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. Our offices are newly crafted, specifically to accommodate Scrum development, self-organizing and autonomous teams in an open and highly collaborative environment.
We are searching the best talent for Data Engineering Specialist to join our J&J Technology team to be located in São Jose dos Campos, Brazil.
The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for providing reliable and high-quality analytics solutions . This individual requires the use specialized knowledge and skills, problem solving techniques, challenge the status quo, deliver innovation, and determine how to best support the business through the effective use of technology. Primary responsibilities include operating as part of the Agile team, working alongside the Product Owner to understand the requirements, and translate these to a set of deliverables.
- Undertakes Analytics development and Solution Design while following approved J&J standard policies and procedures (e.g. SDLC, Agile, IAPP, etc.).
- Collaborate effectively across IT functions and geographies.
- Works closely with business partners to understand requirements, propose and implement solutions in support of Analytics capabilities.
- Works with IT teams to implement and activate analytics capabilities, improve alignments and leverage opportunities from data, development, technologies, and process point of view.
- Coaches and mentor others (partners and employees) on best practices, enforcing the highest standards. Conduct technical workshops and training for platform adoption.
- Conduct SDR (Solution Design Review), reviewing architecture and implementations, and providing valuable feedback on performance, architecture design and implementation.
- Collaborate with CoP (Community of Practices), sharing knowledge, reusable codes, architecture design references as well as reusing other artifacts to be implemented in customer’s projects.
- Works passionate about driving business solutions, handling development and deployment solution into the production environment, including unit testing/code coverage and documentation.
- Collects customer insights to improve the solutions throughout delivery and delivers continuous improvement recommendations to service owners.
- Conduct impact analysis on process/tools coming from new/improved services.
- Perform assessments of customer demand and partners with order analysts to deliver estimates and quotes for Analytics solutions to the customer.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Love this role? See the requirements below!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Degree in computer science is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience developing Analytics solution. 7+ years related work experience in large and global enterprises is preferred.
- Previous cloud providers experience on Data Engineering as AWS or Azure is required (Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon EMR, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift, Amazon OpenSearch Service, DataBricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, etc).
- Data Mesh, Data Fabric, Data as a Service, data modeling, data quality, data profiling, data mining, detailing data definitions experience is required.
- Experienced in Agile/ Scrum methodologies is desirable (at least one experience).
- Experienced with MLOps or IaC (Infrastructure as a Code) is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be able to solve sophisticated business problems and present recommendations to management effectively.
- Must have good planning, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Results driven, inquisitive and wanting to learn by nature, and a self-starter required.
- Proficient domain of English language. Spanish domain is a plus.
This position is in São José dos Campos, SP – Brazil, up to 40% of domestic travel is required.
Something looks off?