Associate Director, Oncology Medical Affairs Insights & Strategy
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Oncology Medical Affairs Insights & Strategy.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Director, Oncology Medical Affairs Insights & Strategy role is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights to support Medical Affairs strategy and to drive organizational action for US Medical Affairs
The Oncology Medical Affairs Analytics role is accountable to lead disease-area specific and pan-oncology data projects in support of Medical Affairs Strategy.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: championing the development and implementation of analytic approaches and methods that are innovative and examples of standard processes; focusing on key business questions and framing business needs into analytic plans; applying a critical lens to data assets and systems to overcome challenges with integration of disparate data sources/systems; collaborating with analytic functions in partnering business units to understand existing data assets, systems and practices; developing and/or using data management, data quality and data governance processes; demonstrating leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/high value projects. The Associate Director, Oncology Medical Affairs Insights & Strategy will collaborate with colleagues across the Oncology US Medical Affairs organization, such as Medical Heads, MSL Field Directors, Integrated Evidence Team Leads, as well as data analysts in the business units with whom Medical Affairs collaborates: Commercial (Franchise and Brand), Global Medical Affairs and Janssen Scientific Affairs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BA/BS required, Engineering BS, PharmD, PhD strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in the Pharmaceutical or related industry, preferably 2 years Medical Affairs experience
- Market research, business intelligence, business analytics, strategic planning, or management consulting preferred
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with proven learning agility to support the growing Oncology portfolio
- Oncology experience is preferred but not required
- Proven experience with providing sophisticated data insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a matrix/cross-functional environment
Required Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, common analytic tools
- Solid understanding of Medical Claims desirable
- Director Data Analytics & Continuous Improvement
- MSL Field Directors/Field Heads
- Therapeutic Area Leaders
- Development contractor(s)
- Data Analysts in partnering business units
Travel : requires up to 5% domestic travel
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $129,000 to $223,100.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Something looks off?