BWI Juarez Campus SC Snr Finance Manager
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager in the MedTech organization to lead the BWI Juarez Supply Chain within the Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group. This position is based in El Paso, TX.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, J&J is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people, who help deliver products that touch the lives of over a billion people every day throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen!
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is a high-visibility and impactful role with significant opportunities to influence and sustain the double-digit growth of this market-leading franchise of Johnson & Johnson’s Hospital Medical Device (HMD) sector with 2022 sales of $4.1B! As a member of the BWI Juarez Campus leadership team this role is responsible for the financial planning, management reporting and financial integrity of the Juarez Supply Chain operations charged with providing financial counsel & insights to manage risk, improve gross profit / operational performance and drive strategic decisions.
- Financial Planning & Strategic Decision Making : Ownership for developing and communicating detailed budgets and/or cases for capital investment, tech transfers, inventory / product life cycle decisions, annual cost revision & new product costing, cost savings opportunities and actively contribute to network strategy, long range financial plan and overall value creation; builds strong cross-functional and cross-Platform partnerships across all levels within Supply Chain, Finance, Regulatory, R&D, Marketing and Commercial to collect and challenge assumptions, model scenario implications, propose risk mitigation action plans, frame key insights and influence timely business decisions.
- Performance Analytics & Compliance : Responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to effective financial processes, controls and key performance measurements in order to deliver the business objectives in accordance with the best accounting standards & practices, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as well as internal policies and procedures; provides structure, direction and decision making to the team in situations of potentially high risk, uncertainty / ambiguity and promotes the use of J&J's Credo principles in all interactions with external partners; oversight of monthly financial close & reporting and all audit inquiries.
- People Leadership & Operational Excellence : Cultivates a successful and inclusive team environment by attracting, developing, and inspiring direct reports and extended finance team members and non-finance peers; drives adoption of new analytical tools / technologies to heighten workload efficiencies and data quality; implements agile & sustainable finance structures, processes and optimized financial flows across a complex and evolving supply chain to meet current and future business requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Any advanced degrees or certifications such as MBA, CMA or CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive and relevant finance experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience with the consistent record of inspiring, empowering & developing talent.
- Strong analytical, technical accounting and problem-solving skills with proficiency to integrate emerging digital technologies, tools & visualization techniques to drive finance workload efficiencies and value creation.
- Confidence in establishing, maintaining, and ensuring adherence to an effective internal control environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and appropriately plan, prioritize, and communicate progress on multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Should possess sophisticated business intuition, including the passion to develop business cases and implement strategies as well as the ability to lead through ambiguity, and make difficult decisions to deliver core operational results aligned to business objectives.
- Should demonstrate big picture thinking and consider the broader J&J business implications while balancing with appropriate attention to detail, confidentiality, accuracy, and sound judgment in delivering outcomes.
- Proficiency to network, collaborate and generate consensus effectively in a complex, international environment possessing strong social skills, promoting inclusion, and building trusting relationships with business partners across all cultures, functions, and levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills (listening, business writing, presenting) and a consistent track record of influencing peers and business partners and interacting effectively with Senior Management.
- Fluent business communication in both Spanish & English.
- Solid understanding of cost accounting, internal control, and project controlling principles.
- Prior experience driving manufacturing site start-up, network transformation, tech transfer, acquisition integration and automation or standardization of supply chain finance activities.
- Previous experience and knowledge of ERP functionality & master data setup (JDE/SAP), Sales & Operations Planning processes, international legal entity statutory & regulatory requirements, trade compliance / intercompany product & financial flows, labor agreements and financial audits.
- Prior healthcare / medical device industry experience.
- This position requires up to 5% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Something looks off?