Product Manager - Oncology
Company overview : Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We welcome innovation—bringing ideas, products and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every single day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives. In India, J&J operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently handled and report into their respective Global business segments.
PHARMA : Janssen, the pharmaceutical division of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in India, in oncology, immunology, neurosciences & analgesia, dermatology, infectious diseases and metabolic diseases in India. Driven by a strong dedication to the health and well-being of patients, Janssen India brings innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen recognizes the impact of serious conditions on people’s lives, and aims to empower people through disease awareness, education and access to quality care in six therapeutic areas.
Job Title (India Specific): Product Manager
Business Unit: Oncology
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Territory Covered: All India
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceuticals is recruiting for Product Manager – Oncology based in Mumbai.
This position is an individual contributor, and the incumbent will be responsible for developing marketing plans for existing product portfolio and newer launches, driving sales for brands, collaborating with key customers and stakeholders as well as assessing market conditions for assisting sales force for enhancement of sales.
· Develops marketing programs for driving and achieving sales and profit objectives for given brand/ brands in existing portfolio.
· Establishes and preserves key customer and strategic partnerships for market development through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
· Delivers market expansion strategies that target market access and awareness for increasing sales and profitability.
· Responsible for adequate market mapping and competitor landscape analysis through primary and secondary research through field visits and interactions with Sales Team as well as customers.
· Undertakes portfolio management that includes forecasting, promotion strategy, logistics, future pipeline identification and expansion.
· Assists sales force through provision of market research (primary and secondary) for interpreting market conditions in existing and potential markets for making recommendations to management, creation and enhancement of sales support and presentation materials.
· Drive the integration of all areas of customer insights and Value Excellence and translate to business impact across sales and marketing including for example:
o Market research and competitive intelligence
o Advanced analytics including commercial mix and ROI.
· Lead, organize, coordinate, and direct efforts of interdisciplinary and cross functional teams for making the BU successful.
· Responsible for developing strategies and tactics and updating the organization on project plans, measures, and status. Own the process, tools and metric relation to the BU initiatives and adherence to the processes.
· Take lead on driving business partners to build robust business cases on sound assumptions and gaining clear alignment on the outcoming measures before initiation.
· Ensures quality and consistent marketing communication with both internal and external stakeholders in line with pharmaceutical code of conduct and OPPI guidelines.
· Initiates and develops innovative ideas and strategies to increase market footprints in collaboration with Medical and Technical teams.
External key customers: Ad / Creative Agencies, Vendors (Printers, Event managers, Hotels etc.), Key scientific leaders and associations, Government Institute partners
Internal key customers: Sales, Market Research, Medical, Communication, Supply Chain, SFE, IT teams, KAM team
· B Pharm / Life Science / MBBS Graduate
· MBA in Marketing or Healthcare / Hospital Management
· Total experience of 1 to 3 years in marketing or market research or Healthcare / Life Sciences consulting / project management, Preferably from Oncology
· Proficiency in MS Office tools
· Ability to handle “first of its kind” projects / initiatives from concept to implementation would be preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to drive collaboration across teams, and support prudent risk-taking with high integrity standard.
- Demonstrates how to lead and influence within a matrix organization.
- Ability to build strong networks in- and outside of company.
- Ability to leverage knowledge of marketplace and competitor landscape translate them into clear short term and long-term strategies.
- Self-driven with proven track record of innovative approach and learning agility and effectiveness of working with various stakeholders in a matrix organization.
- Experience with data analytics, omnichannel marketing including digital marketing is preferred.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply?
Internal Applicants : If you wish to apply, please consider the following information from our Policy:
- We require you to have spent at least 18 months in your current position, and in good standing.
- As our employee you may apply for a position without informing current manager. However, when invited to interview, then, to the extent that this is consistent with local law or practice, you are required to notify your manager prior to the interview. This notification is inspired to promote development discussions between the managers and our employees.
- If you want to refer external talent for this position, please review our Global Referral Policy and submit your referral through My Career Opportunities by following the appropriate process. (Applicable only for Internal postings)
External Applicants : Login to careers.jnj.com, search job matching you profile by location, keywords, requisition number.
Something looks off?