R&D Scientist Intern - Analytical
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
We are hiring for a R&D Scientist Intern. The R&D Scientist Intern will provides R&D support of projects in product and process development by conducting laboratory research under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments in the area of Bioproduction, Cell and Gene Therapy, Analytical, Innovation, MSAT, FSAT, or ART
- Prepare media from raw materials
- Analyze data and build statistical models
- Perform various assays in biology, chemistry and/or biochemistry
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- Students pursuing a degree in Basic Life Sciences, Applied Life Sciences or Chemistry
- Minimum 1 year of relevant lab experience
- General lab safety
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Problem solving capabilities to accomplish tasks
- Ability to use professional concepts to perform assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Understanding of mammalian cell culturing, experience a plus
- General knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- General knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- Ability to speak and read English
- Good oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to per essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to handle, feel or reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee will also be required to enter the manufacturing area where higher noise levels may necessitate wearing provided ear and eye protection.
- Laboratory environments frequently require wearing provided eye protection.
- Manufacturing controlled environments requirements may include wearing provided head covering, gloves and lab coats or clean room garments, and in powder manufacturing areas may include respiratory protection.
- In manufacturing areas for biological products, requirements may include wearing provided head covering, gloves, lab coats and respiratory protection.
- Scientific research projects may require occasional work during weekends.
For California, the base salary range for this position is $19.00 to $30.00 hourly. Compensation for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience, location, etc.).
Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms’/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms’/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Something looks off?