Assistant Human Resource Coordinator
Charles River Laboratories International
Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Charles River Laboratories Edinburgh is now recruiting for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to join the team based at our site in Tranent, East Lothian. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and genuine talent and recruitment professional to join a global company at the forefront of the Scottish Life Sciences sector in the development of new medicines, vaccines and therapies. This is an exciting time to join as we invest £10.5 million into the business and embark on an ambitious period of growth. You will be guaranteed a busy and varied working environment while enjoying the benefits of being part of a friendly and supportive Talent Acquisition team.
Reporting into the Talent Acquisition Partner your responsibilities will include:
- Support the full recruitment cycle and operation of the day-to-day recruitment processes, focusing on attracting & sourcing high quality diverse candidates.
- To raise the profile of Charles River Laboratories Edinburgh Ltd and increase the number of quality, diverse applicants by proactively initiating and assisting with digital engagement through LinkedIn Recruiter, whilst consistently acting as a brand ambassador.
- Process Variations to contract in a timely manner.
- Conduct background and security checks for candidates being progressed to offer.
- Set up Discus profile assessments for candidates and liaise on results with both candidates and Hiring Managers
- Liaise with candidates on collection of documentation required ensuring they are all saved to the appropriate files.
- Ensure submission of accurate data in Talent Hub from changes to employee details and working patterns.
- Process resignation data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise effectively with the Compensation and Benefits team and HR Business Partners on any employee / new hire queries.
We’re Looking For
- Significant advanced working knowledge of the use of spreadsheets and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive and close knit team ensuring clarity of cross functional communications.
- Highly skilled in working to deadlines and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cope under pressure ensuring work received is processed effectively and efficiently.
- Strong numeracy, administration and IT skills.
A clear career progression
Hybrid working arrangements of 2/3 days site based with balance working from home
Pension scheme including 8% employer contribution
Health Care Scheme
Personal life insurance equivalent to 6 times your annual salary
Employee discount scheme across hundreds of retailers
28 days annual leave in addition to 4 officially recognised Bank Holiday days - Pro rata
This role is currently being advertised as a Fixed Term Contract, from June 2023 to August 2024.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Lab Assistant, Recruiting, HR, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Science, Human Resources
Something looks off?