Accounting Analyst, Technical Revenue Accounting
Charles River Laboratories International
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an Accounting Analyst for our Revenue Accounting Center of Excellence (“CoE”), a Corporate function site located in Wilmington, MA with consideration for Remote Worker.
The following are responsibilities related to the Accounting Analyst:
- Maintain Revenue CoE's contract review process and SOX control.
- Prepare quarterly revenue disclosures for inclusion in external financial statements.
- Prepare Revenue accounting memos and analyses supporting accounting conclusions.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are being adhered to.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with SOX control requirements.
- Assist in Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Partnership activities.
- Provide training for new hires and temporary positions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience and / or training (Life Science or Biotech preferred). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition (ASC606).
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage assigned deliverables for projects and prioritize workload effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills required.
- Qualified remote workers or International locations will be considered
The pay range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000 USD. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: M&A, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Biotech, Laboratory, Management, Science
Something looks off?