Manager, Revenue Accounting
Charles River Laboratories International
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
Responsible for reviewing and analyzing contracts, documenting findings, and ensuring proper revenue accounting treatments. Responsible for developing revenue recognition processes for the Revenue Center of Excellence and lead continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and conclude upon complex financial contracts and extract relevant information through research and consultation; design and/or interpret data needed to support revenue accounting conclusions
- Manage technical revenue accounting conclusion documentation process
- Assist with providing guidance and contract interpretation for sales, legal, business units and pricing teams with contract negotiations by participating in discussions, reviewing draft contracts, and providing revenue recognition recommendations
- Perform and/or manage SOX revenue control testing processes and certifications for specified control areas of the Revenue Center of Excellence
- Manage preparation of revenue disclosures in the Company's SEC filings, including MD&A and the revenue related disclosures
- Participate in revenue-related mergers and acquisition activities and integration tasks on behalf of the Revenue Center of Excellence
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on requested documentation and questions for areas of ownership
- Assist in the effort to provide guidance/training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to ensure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and oversee assigned revenue accounting close processes
- Provide work direction to staff as needed
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting (preferred) or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: 6+ years' related accounting experience, with 3+ years' experience in revenue accounting preferred. Public Accounting and experience with multinational operations strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification: CPA preferred.
- Other: Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition, with comprehensive accounting and technical skills required. Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively. Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Hands on experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP. Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Collaboration skills required. Occasional travel to be expected.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Biotech, Science, Technology, Research
Something looks off?