Research Associate Immunology
Charles River Laboratories International
Laval, Quebec, CA, H7V 4B3
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
As a Research Associate for our Immunology team located at the Laval site, you will assist and oversees the technical team during the conduct of the studies according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). Organize and supervise studies under his responsibility.
In this role, responsibilities may include:
- Prepare study-related documentations (e.g. worksheets and technical procedures)
- Participate in the planning of the department activities to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Ascertain availability of all necessary materials such as test items, reagents, matrix, etc. prior to beginning of studies and throughout their duration
- Monitor the laboratory activities during the study by conducting regular visits to the lab, by supervising critical activities and reviewing the records as appropriate
- Participate in technical work in the laboratory (R&D, Validation, Sample Analysis and/or instrumentation validation\qualification\maintenance)
- Answer Quality Assurance reports when required
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- Collegial diploma in sciences or in related field
- Minimum 3 years as an Analyst II or equivalent
- Good knowledge and application of GLP is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- English reading comprehension is mandatory. Bilingualism in French and English is preferred
Role Specific Information
Location: Laval / Shuttle service between Montmorency metro station and the Laval site, Free parking
Schedule: Weekday schedule, Monday to Friday
Permanent position as of the hiring, full time 37.5hrs per week
Why Charles River?
- Competitive benefits upon hire. We pay up to 90% of premiums (medical & dental coverage)
- Paid development training
- Employee and family assistance program
- 24/7 access to a doctor and various health care professionals (telemedicine)
- 3 weeks’ Vacation & 5 Personal day policy
- Numerous organized social activities
If you want to contribute to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country, but around the world, join the team, IT'S YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Research Associate, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Research, Science, Technology
Something looks off?