Director* Procurement Operations
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
As a part of our team of more than 4.000 pioneers, you will play a key role in developing solutions for some of the most crucial scientific challenges of our age. Within less than a year, we were able to develop our COVID-19 mRNA vaccine following the highest scientific and ethical standards – writing medical history.
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Director* Procurement Operations
As Director* Procurement Operations you oversee the department and you are specialized in efficient execution of the procurement processes. You are responsible for organizational planning, administration and optimization of the department. You coordinate and validate the execution and workflows of various operational procurement processes, such as local service representation, PR/PO administration as well as spot buying, expediting and invoice clarification.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Planning, directing and coordinating ProcOps specialists, administrators and local representatives to execute tasks
- Supporting the team leaders in translating requirements into operational plans and leadership exercise
- Integrating different sites by managing local procurement representatives across geographies
- Determine and oversee the departments’ economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and risk
- Ensuring appropriate and effective workflows, supported by comprehensive reporting to procurement leadership (e.g., measured by customer satisfaction)
- Evaluate changes to programs and projects management practices and initiates improvement to organization practices, constantly integrating process compliance
- Identify opportunities for ProcOps transformation or organizational evolution, aligned to the operational and business strategy
- Constantly communicating with the process automation department in ProcEx for various automation potential
What you have to offer.
- Bachelor in business studies/engineering or vocational training with a focus on procurement and further constant training in project management skills
- 10+ years professional expertise in various operational procurement or supply chain roles
- 5+ years leadership experience in diverse and large teams with operational procurement or supply chain topics
- Profound knowledge of procurement and interface processes in various geographies
- Proven track record of successful internal stakeholder and supplier relationship management
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ERP Systems, such as SAP as well as S2P systems, such as Coupa
- Capability to organize the process workflows efficiently, identifying down-times and automation potential
- Ability to effortlessly switch gears from big picture for the department to detailed view on manual / digital process steps
- Ability to lead various individuals of different professional backgrounds and expertise levels, with resilience to constantly changing work environment
- Assertive with the confidence to be a voice of authority – eager to do what is best for the team and openness to explore new topics/trends
- High-energy and passionate outlook to the role and can influence those around them
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace
- Excellent English and German verbal and written communication skills
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
... and much more.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 4507 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, political opinion, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or social origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, physical appearance, health status or any other aspect of personal status. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you
Something looks off?