Head of Laboratory Operations, US
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that can dramatically improve human health. We enable life science researchers and drug hunters to look at the proteome from every angle with our versatile portfolio of proprietary next-generation proteomics services, software, and kits, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ platforms and flagship software Spectronaut™. These solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
Biognosys is building a laboratory in Newton, MA to offer next-generation proteomics services to the local and global community. The Head of Laboratory Operations, US is responsible for supporting an evolving business line to generate a high throughput, robust service offering based on DIA LC-MS that is scalable in the years to come. The selected candidate will help to finalize a facility build, help to hire and lead a team consisting of project management, and operational support, while at the same time providing a local interface to clients looking to advance their high throughput proteomics workflows.
· Driving and supporting routine DIA LC-MS analysis and method development workflows
· Project management including data analysis, interpretation and reporting
· Sample management, handling, and tracking
· Vendor management, including overview on service provider qualification status and documentation
· Equipment management, including maintenance and calibration tasks, and the respective documentation
· Purchasing and inventory, including supply chain management
· Ensuring safety in the laboratories, including chemical storage and disposal
· Ensuring timely and sufficient supply of standard buffers and chemicals stocks for routine analysis
· Hiring, onboarding and training of new employees
· Facility and people management
· Improvement/ implementation of laboratory systems
· Direct interface with customers to promote US facility and capabilities
· Degree in relevant scientific field (PhD preferred, biological sciences preferred)
· Experience in high-resolution DIA mass spectrometry proteomics and method development, in particular with Bruker timsTOF instruments
· Experience with proteomics data analysis, interpretation and publication
· Hands-on work experience in managing laboratory, preferably in a lab providing commercial services
· Knowledge on work-related biological safety requirements in laboratory and GxP or ISO quality management systems
· Familiar with mass spectrometry data analysis solutions, in particular Spectronaut (knowledge of R and python is a plus)
· Responsible, determined, and independent and problem-solving personality
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is backed by strong investors and offers the opportunity to grow together with the company in a promising and innovative market.
Something looks off?